hapa girl goes to japan. craziness ensues.

August 15, 2004

slish slosh

Today I celebrated my departure from Global House and the end of Summer Courses in Japanese by finally dipping my fingers into my laundry-smelling gel air freshener. The thing has been tempting me daily for the last six weeks, those little gel-beads all squishy and fragrant, sloshing around. I couldn't take it anymore. Casting aside all fears of rashes and hives (hey man, I have sensitive skin, and fragrance products are not meant to be rubbed onto me), I took the plunge. I grabbed great handfuls of the stuff and let the slippery beads slide through my fingers. It was FANTASTIC. Then I went to the bathroom and flung it all into the toilet. When Emily wasn't looking, I stole her air freshener and scattered the lumpy gel bits all over her sink.

This, my friends, is what Japan is all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home