hapa girl goes to japan. craziness ensues.

November 06, 2004

Have you ever been to a party where all of the guests dress the same?


yukata
Originally uploaded by sillyhapa.
It was kind of like that on Mt. Fuji this weekend, when the six of us wore these trendy purple robes for pretty much the entirety of our stay. David and Raphael's gracious host family paid for all of us to chill out at Hotel Mt. Fuji Friday night (dude, host families are so bogus...), which was a wonderful and much-needed departure from the hustle of the city.

Part of the loveliness of this trip was, of course, the steamy public baths. It was so nice to be naked and warm and to gaze out at the view with my most wonderfulest of friends.

Fuji-san proved elusive when we reached the hotel, but we woke in the morning to see the snowy peaks and oft-depicted shape looming above us. Quite, quite beautiful.

So now it's back to the books for 11 more days. If I were at Pomona I would provide the traditional rundown of precisely how many tests and finals and papers and presentations and projects I have to complete before heading home, but I'll reserve that list for my own personal countdown. Let's just say, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it looks amazing indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home