hapa girl goes to japan. craziness ensues.

August 23, 2004

being all confined


kimono
Originally uploaded by sillyhapa.
Today we learned how to put on a kimono -- aka, hold your breath, suck in your stomach, and smile for the camera!


kimono2
Originally uploaded by sillyhapa.
I have to admit, being corned in folds of heavy cloth, standing in a ladylike fashion, and folding my hands appropriately in my lap are all not really my style. These things are right up there with speaking in a squeakily high voice, bowing to all authority figures, and acting demure and coy...which is to say, maybe I'm being a rude American, but I don't believe in them. It's fun for a little while to play pretend, but then it just gets old. And demeaning.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But at least you look purdy.

- Bronwyn

9:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home